Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Spine Chilling

I hate to post two related topics back to back, but this is almost the most awesome thing I have seen ever! Game 3 of the Western Conference final was last night in Edmonton, the first home game of this series. The fans at Rexall Place went absolutely insane singing the national anthem.
WARNING: It will undoubtedly cause uncontrollable swelling of national pride.



The guy who is belting out 'O Canada' to the top of his lungs behind Ryan Smyth is Joey Moss, the team's dressing room attendant who has been with the team 21 years. Read about him HERE. It seems very fitting that he got some air time.

As a funny supplement, here are two humorous songs composed by Paul Brown, morning show host of the Edmonton radio station, 100.3 The Bear. SONGS: Mighty Ducky and Samurai Roli

Finally, I can't seem to round up either one of these baseball caps (HERE and HERE). If anyone happens to run across them and can send it to me before the Stanley Cups Finals I will be forever
indebted to you. (I'm counting on the fact that the Edmonton Oilers will win 1 of the potential next 4 games) Later people.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Awesome Ryan. Too bad it isn't the Flames this year but at least hockey is still going strong in Alberta. Endmonton's Whyte ave actually made MSNBC news last night (okay, it was b/c they ran out of beer and had to put a call out to other towns, but at least there's still something to celebrate - go Oilers go!

5/25/2006 12:43 PM  
Blogger mysterio said...

Everyone was talking about this even here in Cali! So I'm jumping on the wagon. Go Oilers!

6/01/2006 3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home