Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Looks Like a Good Floatin Day


On Sabbath afternoon a few friends and myself went floating down the Chattahoochee River. It was extremely relaxing and a great way to combat the heat. I was also lucky to ward off any likely sunburn (unlike Alicia) by thorough and persistent sunblock application. There were a couple random spots on my feet that were a little rosy, but really nothing to cause me discomfort (unlike Alicia). Apparently here in the south they call floating down the Chattahoochee, Shootin' the 'Hooch. Anyway, it was a enjoyable afternoon an event that will probably be repeated during the summer.

UPDATE: Oddly enough I happened to be watching the evening news today and they say that a fisherman saw an alligator in the Chattahoochee River this morning near the I-285 overpass (which we happened to cross under). Atlanta is apparently a little north of where alligators are normally found (thank goodness), but fisherman and recreationers should not be concerned (phew, I feel better now). They are probably down right friendly would be my guess, I might head out again in the next couple days just to make a new friend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home